Change Your Cookie Settings: Cookie Settings
Delete all Cookies: Delete
Who is responsible for managing my information?
Ribble Farm Fare and all websites operated and/or produced in relation to it are owned and maintained by:- ]
Ribble Farm Fare Ltd
whose registered office is at Shay Lane, Longridge, Preston PR3 3BT
and whose company registered number is 01896240.
(“we” or “us”)
This is our Privacy Notice and it explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you submit. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
What information do we collect?
Ordering goods or making an enquiry
If you choose to purchase goods from us or make a query about purchasing goods from us we will collect details that you provide in relation to that purchase or query.
Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, delivery address, payment details, date of birth, information about your purchase, order or query and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
Opening a Trading Account
If you choose to open a trading account with us either in your capacity as a sole trader, partner or representative of a private limited company, public limited company (plc) or LLP, then we will collect details such as your name, contact details, date of birth, job title, bank account details, evidence of your home address (such as a council tax bill, telephone bill. Bank/ building society or credit card statement) and details regarding bankruptcy, CCJ’s, VA’s/ CVA’s and any involvement in a business that have been liquidated or entered into Administration/Receivership within the last 5 years.
We may also use your personal data to undertake credit reference checks before opening the Trading Account and ongoing checks may be undertaken while the Trading Account is maintained.
Using our website
We also collect website usage information and do this using “cookies” and other technologies to collect information when you visit our site(s), view our online advertisements or promotions, or use our mobile applications or other services. The following are examples of information we may collect with these technologies:
- information about your device browser and operating system;
- IP address;
- web pages you view;
- links you click and/or
- information about the way you use the application..
How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To enable us to open, manage and maintain your Trading Account or consumer account as applicable;
- to enable us to provide the goods you have ordered;
- to enable us to provide related return or after sales services;
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of goods;
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites or inform you about issues;
- to tell you about other products we think may be of interest to you (see below);
- to manage customer service queries;
- to develop or offer for sale new products and services;
- to process payments;
- to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions;
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business; and
- to help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on one or more of the grounds set out below:-
Performance of a Contract
If you are purchasing goods from us we will use the details that you give to provide those good to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, delivery address, payment details,
information about your order and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements and to provide the goods you have ordered.
If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide the goods you have ordered.
We want to give you the best possible customer experience whilst respecting your privacy.
We may use your name and contact details to tell you about our own products and any future services we may offer which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time. Where you do so we may continue to communicate with you on other grounds, such as to provide you with our services.
We may also use some of your personal information to administer the provision of our services for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services.
We may share your contact information with third party market research companies who may contact you to conduct market research about our products and service levels.
We may share your email address with our technology providers including Google, Facebook and others (acting as data processors) for them to use on our behalf in connection with the creation of marketing and promotion for us.
Google and Facebook may also use socio-demographic information about you to identify other people like you, with similar interests to present our marketing to. This socio-demographic information is not used for any other purpose nor shared with any other party. No information about other individuals identified from these networks is shared with us at any time.
We may also share your contact details with our third party review administrator(s) who may contact you to ask for your comments on the goods and/or our services that have been provided.
Data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers, marketing our services to them and helping us to provide them with the highest levels of service and provided that this does not override your own interests and fundamental rights.
We may also make use of your personal data to the extent required to establish, exercise, protect or defend our legal rights, enforce our terms and to take legal advice.
We may ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third parties so that they can tell you about their products and services or so that we can share details of their products or services with you.
If you agree, we may also pass on your information, in certain cases, for the purposes of conducting a credit check.
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Where you do so we may continue to communicate with you on other grounds, such as to provide you with our goods.
You may also expressly instruct us to pass your information to or share your information with a third party.
Legal Obligation and Compliance
We may also use and disclose your personal data for compliance purposes, as required by any legal, regulatory, law enforcement, professional or taxation authority and to the extent that we are required to do so by law, regulation or court order.
Who will you share my information with?
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer and/or which you have ordered we may share your information with:
- our service providers;
- other members of our group of companies and their service providers (see also section 6 below);
- credit/debit card companies;
- third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice;
- professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom; and
- other third parties who we may need to work with to deliver services or goods or fulfil orders on your behalf, for example website hosting providers, IT service providers, couriers, hauliers and other suppliers.
We may also use and disclose your personal data without your permission:-
- in connection with any legal proceedings or claims or prospective legal proceedings or claims,
- to legal, justicial, regulatory, law enforcement, public health, professional standards and taxation authorities,
- to prevent crime;
- to take legal advice; and
- to establish, exercise, protect, enforce or defend our legal rights
How do you manage my information?
We may from time to time appoint other members of our group of companies, or third party service providers, to help us manage efficient systems within the business.
We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, or overseas, where we are satisfied that this is lawful and that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
If we transfer your personal data to service providers outside the United Kingdom then we will always use a lawful method to do so.
Updating Your Details?
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please update your user preferences or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at Shay Lane, Longridge, Preston PR3 3BT.
Alternatively you can call on 01772 782693.
How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
We do not use your personal data for the purpose of profiling.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below.
Data Protection Co-ordinator
14 Shay Lane, Longridge, PR3 3BT
Or by email to: email@example.com
Does the notice apply to linked websites?
Our websites may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
When do you monitor telephone calls?
When you place an order via our recorded telephone line, we will keep that recording for 1 week from the point it is left by you.
We may also from time to time record telephone calls you have with members or our staff for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service.
How do we update this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our webpage.
Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
You can also contact us directly if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you.
Please write to us at the address given below.
Data Protection Co-ordinator
14 Shay Lane, Longridge, PR3 3BT
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or call on: 01772 782693
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any query or complaint you also have the right to raise concerns with The UK Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk